Saturday, August 22, 2009

Comeback

Okay, going to give it a go tonight in a dek hockey game. I'm wearing two pairs of core shorts, and feel pretty stable. Training has gone well all week. Did some agility work this morning with some uphill karaokes and uphill bounding. Would not say the groin is anywhere close to being healed, but it feels manageable. More than anything, I would just like to test it out and see where I'm at. Since dek hockey does not put anything near the strain on my groin that ice does, it will be a good chance to evaluate how I'll probably feel if I take to the ice on tuesday. Also, I just want to play hockey!!!

update (following morning):

Game went very well. Didn't feel any discomfort at all except for maybe some slight tightness when I stopped a one-timer from the crease (probably would have felt that irregardless). Played very well after one of my shakiest starts ever. I mishandled a the ball for the 2nd time early in the game and put it in my own net. Definitely a candidate for a blooper reel. Didn't let it phase me though. I stopped every shot I faced including a real nice glove save on a partial breakaway. Had some butterflys in my stomach this game which I haven't had in a long time. I was just so pumped to be playing I guess.

Groin tightened up some afterwards. Stretched some before bed and it feels about the same as it did when I got up yesterday. Playing again this afternoon so I'll know more at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment