Monday, August 10, 2009

Season Finale

First season at Mt. Lebo is over. Overall I'm pleased with my performance. More goals than I would have liked to have given up, but learned a great deal and got a lot of ice time out of it. Next season starts in September.

Last game with my team didn't go so great. I played in the game before and was very solid. Probably would have had a shutout if the team had more than 7 players and bothered to play defense (yeah, I call you out!). Stayed solid for the first 2 periods in the 2nd game, but melted down in the last period. Was pretty tired out at this time and our team was well out of the game. Not going to really dwell on it.

What I'll dwell on, but default, is another groin injury {sigh}. Happened on Saturday, but I thought I stretched it out well enough to be okay. I was not. It hurt immediately in warmups and stayed that way for most of the game. It seemed okay by the 3rd, but this often happens as my body is so loosened up by then that I don't notice it. Felt it in the 2nd game as well. Then I woke up this morning and it was very tight and very deep even while still lying in my bed. Did some stuff at the gym for it. I wouldn't call it a *major* injury, but it has the potential to linger around for a while. Since I've been through this before, I know how to deal with it and hopefully my recovery is timely.

So, I'll take at least a week off from hockey. During that time I'll do a lot of stretching and rehab exercises and we'll see where it goes from there. Optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment